Central Presbyterian Church, 331 Euclid Ave, Bristol, VA 24201
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PURPOSE: To provide secretarial and administrative services for the Pastor, Church staff, and Session committees.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Pastor, and works with the Session through the Administration Committee
RELATIONSHIPS: Relates to the Church staff as a colleague, works with the Administration Committee, and to related organizations and committees as consultant when requested.
- Answers telephone and handles keyless entry system;
- Serves as church receptionist, projecting a positive and welcoming face;
- Keeps files of church business, and assists the staff and Pastor in preparing correspondence and mailings;
- Responsible for ordering and stocking office supplies;
- Provides computer and support functions for staff, church committees, and organizations;
- Updates and maintains church permanent records, session books, church rolls, computer records, schedules, and calendars;
- Prepares and distributes the church bulletin, newsletter, and other communications, such as email reminders;
- Serves as the ASystem Administrator@ for the church computers and software;
- Helps with keeping the church website up-to-date through the online calendar and information updated directly to the website or sent to the webmaster;
- Keeps up-to-date on what is available as to new computers, equipment, and office techniques to better serve the whole church;
- Serves as liaison to those wishing to use the church building or borrow church property;
- Maintains daily, and oversees the major maintenance and updates to phone system, computer systems, copier, etc.;
- Attends monthly meetings of Administration and Staff Committee;
- Attends staff meetings and works as a team member of the Central Presbyterian Church staff;
- Participates in continuing education to maintain competence in his/her field;
- Maintains current information on Central=s website in his/her assigned portion;
- The Administrative Assistant typically works 25 hours a week. If the job duties change and are significantly different from 25 hours per week, the position will be reviewed by the Administration and Staff Committee.
EVALUATION: To be performed annually by the Pastor and the Administration and Staff Committee. The Administration and Staff Committee will annually review salary terms.
Send resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax it to 276-821-0050.